Saturday 23 April 2011

What's wealth?

As I type, my specific Curate is sitting next to me, absorbed in the Saturday paper. As it is Holy Saturday his church duties were completed after Morning Prayer, and begin again this evening, so Saturday afternoon has some in built rest time.

I just glanced over at the paper, and noticed a full page advert for Barclays Wealth. The special section of the bank reserved for those with so much money that they need specific advise in how to manage it.

Well, we wont be requiring their services. However I am not standing in judgement in this post over those people who do. Although I suspect Barclays enjoy helping them to spend their money as well as save it, and will more than likely charge a packet for their help too!

I feel very wealthy. I have a home, food, clothing, access to clean water, sanitation, and more importantly a loving family who are a blessing to me. Most importantly, I have God. God who loves me so much he offered up his life. In this I am extremely wealthy!

Have a Holy Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment