Tuesday 3 April 2012

Tuesday in Holy Week

"Whoever serves me must follow me, and where I am, there will my servant be also. Whoever serves me, the Father will honour." John 12

This morning's reading and meditation brought me face to face with the great challenge of Christian life. Particularly as this phrase comes within a passage in which Jesus once again alludes to his death.

If I want to serve Him I must follow Him and that involves walking the way of the cross. It involves sacrifice and pain and selflessness. Tough stuff.

Brother Roger of Taize wrote:
"Prepare yourself as well, cost what it may, for that struggle within yourself to remain faithful to Christ until death. This continuity of an entire lifetime will create in you an inner unity which will see you through everything...Far from lighting short-lived blazes, give your life to the end, and day after day it will turn into a creation with God."

Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment